March 7, 2:30 PM to 7 PM, The Standard Club Chicago
2:30 PM Check in and network
3:00 PM Convening
Join Donors Forum’s grantmaking Members, nonprofit Forum Partners, and advisory Associate Members to explore
- how community engagement contributes to the economy of our city and state -- and to the effectiveness of grantmakers and nonprofits (no matter what their mission is);
- what the sector is doing well to promote engagement; and
- why we must get better at it -- now -- before we lose the advantage of the great work we've done and the investments we've made for far.
The event will be highly interactive through
- the faciliation of the nationally renowned AmericaSpeaks
- graphic facilitation by Brandy Agerbeck, Loosetooth.com.
The convening will feature talks by
- Peter Levine, Director of CIRCLE, The Center for Information and Research on Civic Learning and Engagement, and Research Director of Tufts University's Jonathan Tisch College of Citizenship and Public Services
- Bruce Sievers, Visiting Scholar at Stanford University's Center on Philanthropy and Civil Society, and author, Civil Society, Philanthropy, and the Fate of the Commons.
We'll hear stories from nonprofits and grantmakers on their successful approaches to community engagement, and everyone will have a chance to respond to the ideas shared.
5:00 PM Reception
Immediately after the convening, continue the conversation at a networking reception featuring beverages and hors d’ouevres.
7:00 PM Reception ends; the conversation continues
Longer term, there will be more opportunities to connect, learn, and act around this important topic.